May 21st, 2023
Episode 13 - Podcast
Today on the podcast, I'm sharing something deep from my heart, something I've been wanting to say for a long time. I'm sharing what I really think of the ADHD label, and why it's crucial we define ourselves by what we are, instead of what we're not.
When I re-defined the ADHD label and re-claimed my identity in terms of who I am, instead of in terms of my deficits, it was absolutely life changing.
In this episode, I also cover:
- A part of my diagnosis story and my emotions around that
- Living life as a teenager and 20-something without knowing my neurotype
- Why life was so hard when I kept trying to force myself to be "neurotypical"
- Feeling like I’d missed the guidebook on how to be “normal”
- What’s at stake when we only focus on our deficits
- What it looks like to celebrate, honour and trust my neurodivergent brain and being able to do the same for other ADHDers in my life, and what a gift that has been
This episode is the first in a mini-series all about what's actually happening inside our ADHD brains, so make sure you tune in to hear the rest of the series across the next few weeks.
Join 30+K neurodivergents who use our evidence-based ADHD Planners: https://futureadhd.com/
Follow on IG - @future.adhd
Follow on TikTok - future.adhd