Device and app compatibility questions are our most asked questions. This support article covers the ability (or inability) to sync across devices and across operating systems with Future ADHD Digital Planners.
Device Sync - same operating system
Apple Devices (iPad to iPhone & Macbooks)
Sync is possible using GoodNotes by signing into the same iCloud account on each of your devices. You can download GoodNotes from the App Store on all devices.
To set up iCloud sync for GoodNotes, please do the following on all your devices:
- Sign into the same Apple ID.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS / iPadOS devices, go to Apple ID > iCloud, and make sure both "iCloud Drive" and "GoodNotes" are enabled.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac, go to iCloud, enable "iCloud Drive". Click on Options... next to "iCloud Drive" and also enable "GoodNotes" in the list.
- Open GoodNotes, tap the Gear icon in the top-right corner of the Library view > Settings > iCloud Settings and enable "Use iCloud."
Note: if you simply want to sync GoodNotes documents on your only device to iCloud, just do steps 2 & 4.
Android Devices (Phones & Tablets)
Sync is possible in the Xodo app using Google Drive.
To start, make sure both Xodo and the Google Drive apps are installed on both devices and you've signed into your Google Drive.
- Start by uploading your planner file into your Google Drive account (so you can access it from the Xodo app in the next step). We recommend putting it in an obvious spot inside Drive... Such as a folder called 'Future ADHD Planner' . This will make it easier to locate on both devices.
- Open Xodo and go to Files > System Files
- Open the side bar and choose Google Drive.
- Locate your file in Google Drive and open. Test your sync by annotating on a page.
- Follow the same steps to open the exact same file on your second device. You'll now be accessing the same file and annotations will show up on both devices (as well as on Google Drive!).
- NOTE: The annotations don't sync live. It can take a few mins to transfer across.
Windows Devices (Phones & Tablets)
Sync is also possible for Windows devices using the Xodo app and following the same steps as the Android example above
Device Sync - different operating systems
Apple / Android Sync
There are currently no available options (that we know of!) to Sync Apple and Android devices through an annotation app.
If you hear/know of a solution, let us know!
Apple / Windows Sync
There are currently no available options (that we know of!) to Sync Apple and Android devices through an annotation app. GoodNotes for Windows is set to be released in 2023 though, so fingers crossed it has the cross-platform sync!
If you hear/know of a different solution, let us know!
Android / Windows Sync
Android to Windows sync is possible using the Xodo app and following the instructions for 'Android to Android' above! We have only tested with Google Drive, but Dropbox and OneDrive are also listed as options to sync.